MONDRAKER WARRANTY CONDITIONS
Mondraker bicycles are sold only via its network of authorised distributors, who are responsible for the servicing and maintenance of our bicycles. Mondraker frames are built in accordance with the most innovative production processes, and the most demanding quality controls. This allows Mondraker to offer a lifetime warranty for all its frames against defects of materials or manufacturing.
1. The Mondraker Warranty must be activated by prior online registration at www.mondraker.com within no more than three months of the date of purchase. All unregistered bicycles will be governed by the minimum warranty conditions imposed in the country of purchase.
2. This warranty takes effect from the date of purchase for bicycles and frames acquired from the 2010 season onwards. It applies only to the original owner and is non transferable. The previously applicable warranty had a duration of three years for double suspension bicycles and five for rigid models, covering only the original owner.
3. All components, suspension forks and rear shock absorbers fitted to our bicycles will be covered by the original manufacturer's warranty, up to the minimum required by the regulations of the country of purchase.
4. The warranty against paint defects of frames as a result of a non-conformity existing at the time of delivery of the product will have a duration of three (3) years.
5. Mondraker reserves the right to repair or replace the defective frame as a whole, or otherwise the specific defective part or item, depending on the appraisal by technical team, and taking into account the possible accrual of disproportionate costs under the different options to make good the fault.
6. Frames or parts subject to replacement for reasons covered by the warranty will be replaced with the same model or an equivalent model from the same year, while stocks last. Once the model is no longer in stock, it will be replaced with a model from a subsequent year, the colour and graphic design of which may be significantly different.
7. All warranties must be processed via an authorised Mondraker distributor, requiring presentation of proof of purchase and online registration for models acquired from the 2010 season onwards. The point of sale will adopt the procedural warranty form defined by Mondraker.
8. In the event that the Purchaser has the status of Consumer, the commercial guarantee will be governed by Spanish Royal Decree 1/2007, of 16 November 2007, approving the consolidated text of the Consumer and User Protection Act, and all other complementary legislation, taking into account the amendments made to said legislation by Spanish Royal Decree-Act 7/2021, of 27 April 2021, transposing European Union Directives with regard to Consumer protection, in particular Directive (EU) 2019/771 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 20 May 2019, on certain aspects concerning contracts for the sale of goods, amending Regulation (EU) 2017/2394 and Directive 2009/22/EC, and repealing Directive 1999/44/EC.
9. In accordance with the applicable regulations, in the event of product non-conformity, Mondraker will be liable for non-conformities that exist at the time of delivery or supply and become apparent within a period of three (3) years of delivery, the delivery date being understood as the date indicated on the commercial invoice, unless the Purchaser explicitly acknowledged conformity by signing the corresponding delivery document for the goods, and without prejudice to the provisions of consumer protection regulations if the Purchaser has such status. (COMMENT: Consumer legislation establishes that clauses to waive rights are null and void, and an indication of conformity at the time of purchase would be unlikely to take effect in the case of consumers. A section has therefore been added making the efficacy of the clauses dependent on the provisions of consumer protection legislation).
10. This warranty is governed by Consumer and User protection legislation, and applies if the Purchaser has such status, covering only malfunction derived from proven manufacturing defects, in other words non-conformities existing at the time of product delivery. However, it will not be valid in the event of misuse, inappropriate or incorrect maintenance and/or functioning, or in the event of improper use of the product, or as a result of negligence or a lack of expertise on the part of the Purchaser, or in the case of incidents caused by force majeure. In short, for any reason outside the responsibility of the manufacturer. This warranty will likewise be immediately voided in the event that the product is manipulated, modified or repaired by any person without the authorisation of Mondraker.
11. In the event that Consumer and User protection legislation establishes presumptions with regard to the existence of non-conformities at the time of delivery of the products to the end Consumer, there will be an appraisal of whether the presumption is compatible with the nature of the product and the type of non-conformity that has been found.
12. Mondraker may in any event inspect any faults or defects claimed by the Purchaser by any means it may see fit, including the right to conduct an expert examination in order to demonstrate whether the non-conformity existed at the time of delivery of the products.
13. Mondraker undertakes, if the Purchaser has end Consumer status, and entirely in accordance with the legislation in force, other than in cases of force majeure, to guarantee spare parts for a period of ten (10) years from the date when the goods are no longer manufactured.
EXCLUSIONS FROM THE WARRANTY
1. Standard wear and tear, on both the frame and those components liable to suffer natural wear, such as tyres, handlebar grips, chain, brake pads, chain cover, hubs, bearings, etc.
2. Mondraker accepts no liability for any incompatibility of components between frames from different years, occurring as a result of their updating and technical improvement, such as the shock absorber, bottom bracket, headset, fork, wheels, seatpost, derailleur, etc.
3. Inappropriate assembly or maintenance, or installation of parts and accessories that are incompatible or do not comply with the specific usage conditions for that model of bicycle.
4. This warranty is specifically and exclusively limited to the repair or replacement of a defective part, and does not under any circumstances cover any personal damage that might directly or indirectly result from their failure during usage.
5. Damage or faults caused by accident, incorrect usage, misuse or negligence.
6. The lifespan of each bicycle/frame will depend on the type of material and construction. This lifespan may be reduced by the form and type of use, or a lack of appropriate maintenance and care. The lifetime warranty will therefore be entirely dependent on the optimal life-cycle determined by Mondraker for each specific product.
7. This warranty shall not cover damages resulting from commercial (f.i. rental) use
8. Each bicycle or frame is manufactured to perform a particular use according to its technical specifications. The warranty will be valid provided that it has been used for the purpose for which it was manufactured.
9. The rear triangles and links have a warranty of 3 (three) years from the date of purchase. In the event of breakage, only the damaged part will be replaced, not the complete frame.
10. Labour for the replacement or changeover of parts. (COMMENT: This provision is in breach of Article 118.4(a) of the Consolidated Text of the Consumer and User Protection Act. However, the last section contains a general clause which refers to the cancellation of clauses in breach of the regulations in the country of acquisition, and in principle it may therefore be maintained, but will not apply if European consumer protection regulations apply, as these have been harmonised in this regard.)
11. All warranties will be subject to the decision of our technicians as to the nature and causes of the breakage, following an in-depth study of the frame in question.
12. The duration and details of the warranty may vary depending on the country where the bicycle is acquired, and subject to the legal conditions and specific limitations of the country in question.
13. Bicycles that have a frame painted by any person or company unconnected with Mondraker will automatically forfeit their warranty, as Mondraker cannot verify the use of appropriate products and materials to paint the bicycle, and we would therefore be unable to ensure its strength and hardiness.
* If the jurisdiction of any country prohibits any of the aforementioned clauses, that clause will be cancelled while the remainder will remain in effect.
Latest update: January 2022